Sunday, July 4, 2010

Coming Home to the Motherland

Singapore is so cool! I didn't really think that it would be, cause really I don't know tons about it. But it's this crazy urban city transplanted in the middle of a jungle. We did this awesome hike through the wilderness that's a national park in the middle of the city. Part of it is a suspension bridge that goes through the canopy of the trees and you can see the green lush trees stretch out forever on either side. Oh and there's monkeys - like big ones just hanging out on the bridge and some of them weren't that friendly, hah. It was hot and humid but I loved it all. I've decided I'm really good with just dealing with the heat and it honestly doesn't bother me. The city is wicked high end and the buildings are way cool and kind of remind me of Dubai a bit. There was way more I wanted to see and do and that just added to my sadness of having to come home.
I cannot even start to try and put into words how I feel about this project. I am so grateful and so incredibly blessed to be able to be a part of it. I don't think I can describe how it has changed me and how much I have gained. I feel almost selfish because I think I've gotten way more out than I feel like I've put in. I am so humbled. With the material things I have been blessed with especially. I've been humbled too as I've watched and been privaleged to be friends with and work with amazing people who have made me want to do and be better in so many different ways. I have loved serving the people. I can honestly say that I have loved everyone that I helped and worked with. I was just happy being able to give of my time and skills to be giving them the help and medical care they needed and wouldn't have been even close to without this project. I know that's because Heavenly Father let me see and gave to me some of the love He has for them and worked through me to make their individual life better. The other medical people I worked with are phenominal. They are my close and forever friends. I feel so blessed to have them in my life and to be able to learn so much from them.
I wish I could stay longer! It's weird to be home too. Everything I've done today seems so surreal and foggy to be back into real life. But at the same time, I'm excited to start again and to be better with the things I've learn and the ways I have grown. I love all of you who have written to me and supported me and sent me your love. You have no idea how much it's helped and I'm so happy to be home with you again!!

Love, Amy

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had an AMAZING trip, which I knew you would :) I can only imagine how different life is there and its so true how blessed we are to live here in Canada. I love that you enjoyed yourself, and that you are home safe! hopefully we'll see each other soon, I missed my cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have you home Amy!!

    erin ;0)

    ReplyDelete